Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Extreme makeup and tips in general?

So I wear glasses and all but I love dressing up crazy and taking pics with my friends. I'm quite pale, I have reddish-brown hair and bluish green eyes. I am a complete moron when it comes to makeup in general so...





*Tips for applying eyeshadow/eyeliner?


*What colors should I look for eye makeup?


*Should I use liquid eyeliner?


*Places where I could get some crazy makeup...cheap but not crappy?


*What lip colors and such would look good with my complexion?





Ten points for best! Thanks!Extreme makeup and tips in general?
Does your skin have a pinker undertone or a yellower undertone? I can't quite tell from your description without an accompanying picture, but you sound like a Spring. That means colours that will look good on you are often paler ones: peach, golden yellow, golden brown, tan, etc. The best brighter colours (since you want crazy) are probably going to be bright green, bright red, clear blues, or coral pink.





As for tips for applying shadow: if you want ';crazy';, it's always fun to blend colours... say, green near your tear ducts, pink in the middle, and blue on the other end. Try bright coloured liners... blue is always fun, but classic black can really make things pop. If you really want a dramatic look, definitely go with liquid. There are liquid sparkle eyeliners as well, if you're into that sort of thing.





As for lips, steer clear from the more purple colours. Really, bright red and coral pink are your best bets. Use lipstick or lip stain. There are some really good bright liquid lip colours that come with a sealing stick for long-lasting, no smudge colour.





My favourite (cheap) place to get makeup is Hechts. Sephora is best for everything, but they are EXPENSIVE. MAC makes good, bright colours... but again, it may be more expensive than you want. Hot Topic actually sells some stuff that is quite nice and fairly good quality. Even try your local dollar store, there are occasionally some good brands there.





Anyway, if you want more specific things, feel free to message me. Hope this helps!Extreme makeup and tips in general?
go to www.marykay.com and use the virtual makeover, it's easier to decide on color when you can actually see it before you buy it.
First of all I have to say, you are really pretty!! You shouldn't wear a lot of makeup, you don't need it! But if you want more than just lipgloss and mascara, then here are my suggestions:





Stick to natural eyeshadows, like brown and beige. For night you could add some gold. Use a black eyeliner to do a thin line above your top eyelashes (this creates a nice outline) and use just a very little bit of black eyeshadow on the bottom lashes. Load up on mascara!!





Only use liquid eyeliner for dramatic night looks.





As you are very pale and already have rosy cheeks, I wouldn't suggest wearing blush. Some bronzer on your cheek bones and jaw line will give you a nice glow and some colour.





And for lips, I would just use clear or pink lipgloss.





Hope this helps! Just keep trying different things and you will learn what looks best and what doesn't work.





Oh, and MAC is the best place for makeup!





Also, if you want a more dramatic look for night or whatever, I think you should play up your eyes, maybe a smoky eye look, rather than your lips. You have such gorgeous eyes they should be accentuated!
You can do 2 types of eyeshadow use a liquid liner (which takes skill but fun to try) or wet a liner brush in black pigment or eyeshadow. To line the very edge of your lid above your eyelashes *takes practice* Or you can get a liner pen. It is crayon or khol. Do the same thing with it. If you want your eyes to look bigger try lining the inside of your bottom lid right above your lashes * be careful not to get it in your eye it burns* .





I use MAC pigments for my eyeshadow. The whole pot is expensive so I buy the teaspoon pods on ebay and it tend to hold me over till I am tired of the color and it is 1/10 of the price. Stay away from pinks, and browns. Any other color will make your eyes look good. And MAC pigments can be used as paint if you dampen your brush first and then put it on. I put my bright colors on that way. Without the water it is just a light color not as vivid.





If you try the liquid liner definately use a night at home when your veggin and keep trying it. Liquid liner burns like HE*L if you get it in your eye. Wet and Wild from walmart h2o proof will NOT come off which is a good thing.





ebay is you best bet of CHEAP name brand makeup. That is where I buy all my makeup and you can get anything your heart desires. Clinique MAC Lancome and such.





NO pinks what so ever on a red head even lip stick, and no red that makes just toooooo much red! Try a pale orange or mauve. I would just use lip gloss. It is natural and a no brainer for a red head.





I hope I helped my email is mbluppy@yahoo.com if you need more tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish