Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My parents are embarrassed about what I wear (extreme makeup)? How do I convince them that this is who I am?

I just don't feel comfortable any other way. And I like to experiment with my makeup. My mother reluctantly accepts my standard extreme form of makeup, but when I experiment with other extreme styles, she says she refuses to go anywhere with me because she is embarrassed. But I say that I'm embarrassed of her for being so intolerant of differences. Anyhow, nothing gets through to her. It's like talking to a f*cking brick wall. And I am disabled. I am on SSI Disability and can't be on my own, AWAY from her.My parents are embarrassed about what I wear (extreme makeup)? How do I convince them that this is who I am?
i had a similar problem with my mother concerning my clothing. this is what worked for me: since she was having a hard time accepting my clothing, i started wearing something that i liked on one day, and something more that she would like the next day (without completely compromising my style), and switching back and forth like that. it made it easier for her to accept the days i was more myself because i wasn't completely ';lost'; to her. then slowly start wearing your makeup more extreme more often. if you know you're going somewhere with her, tone it down a bit.... u can still be yourself but it's knowing what times are appropriate that makes the situation tolerable.My parents are embarrassed about what I wear (extreme makeup)? How do I convince them that this is who I am?
How extreme is your make up? Because ';extremes'; are different for everyone, and so for you it may not seem extreme but for her it is. Just talk to her about it when she's in a good mood. Tell her that you need to find a way to express yourself and this is the way you choose to do it. You like it and whether she likes it or not, it's your face and it's your actions. She should let you have your independence and your freedom to choose what you want to do. I guess tone down a bit of your make up from time to time so you don't have the same ';extreme'; make up on every single day. Vary it up a bit - besides, make up is all about fun and experimentation! If you only stick to one style that'd be boring. Hope this helps :)
  • Electric Scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish