Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What do you think of women with 'extreme' makeup?

By extreme, I don't necessarily mean a lot; I mean people that wear bright, funky colors of eyeshadow, etc.





I personally prefer a more natural, subdued look (a 13 year old couldn't pull off red lipstick anyway), but I was looking at some unusual colors of lipstick and was just wondering what the general public think of people who wear this. :]What do you think of women with 'extreme' makeup?
I like to alternate between wacky out there color eyeshadow/lipstick and a very natural look. Really it depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like living it up. I dont dress crazy but a little color on my eyes is still a way for me to express myself.





I think bright, nicely done make up can really liven someone up but only if it is done properly. Anything too heavy can look wrong if not done carefully. generally I admire people who aren't afraid to experiment a little with their makeup and have fun. I will admit that sometimes I see people with extreme makeup and have a ';what was she/he thinking'; moment, but hey to each his own!What do you think of women with 'extreme' makeup?
I understand why most people use bright colours. They like to stand out, and like experimenting with different colours, shades, and patterns. In many ways, I admire them for being brave enough to try so many different looks.


Unfortunately, when people are walking down the streets and see a women with lots of (or unnusual shades of) eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush, lip stick/gloss, etc., they find that it looks quite trashy, unnatural, and fake. They come to the conclusion that the women are not pretty without all the bright colours to distract others from their real face.


I personally don't like eye makeup, and I wouldn't recommend wearing a lot of bright colours. Most prefer the natural look, and bright colours usually make you look fake. But hey, in the end it's entirely


your choice, and no one is stopping anyone from doing their makeup the way THEY want to. It's their face, isn't it?


:)
It is very easy to make it look like you have a black eye or you are incredibly tired with bright colors. Especially greens, pinks, and reds.


You can use bright colors and not be gaudy. Purple as eyeliner, gold on the inner top corners of your eyes, blue shadow liner.





It is also very easy to look like a drag queen.
i dont really wear bright funky eyeshadows because i cant pull it off and cause i cant put it on. but i really like it on other people who put it on properly. like theres this girl at school who wants to be a make up artist and her eyemakeup always looks amazing and its so colorful. but i absoluetly adore bright and bold lips. i love red and fuchsia lips.
I think it's awesome for a once in a while thing. I love experimenting with bright eyeliners and especially MAC pigment.





I disagree with your statement about the 13 year olds can't pull of funky makeup. I'm 13, almost 14 though and I wear funky shades of eye makeup.
im with you on the natural. haha but i think people who can go into public with like lime green eyeshawdow and neon pink eyeliner and glitter lashes are nutttsss. and they are some extremely confident people, i could not do that! and i think it looks a little weird.. but its everywhere now! haha and its fun to look at!
It depends on the face really. On some women it looks good and others it looks tarty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish