Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What are the pros and cons of working as a makeup cosmetician?

I am currently a stay-at-home mother with a 7-year old daughter who attends elementary school and a 3 year old boy who will attend preschool in two years. When both of my children go to school, my neighbors tell me that I will have a lot of free time on my hands. And they are probably right, because all I do is take care of my son and cook a little during the time when my husband is at work and my daughter is at school.





So I'm thinking about getting a part-time job as a makeup cosmetician. I used to have a job as one back in college, but it wasn't a huge job, but I do have experience. I have always had a knack for makeup. And it's always nice to have something to do and bring a little extra money in these days.





I'm thinking I could work at our local mall, possibly in Clinique. I would only work during the hours my children at are at school, and maybe sometimes on the weekends when my husband is at home.





I was going to ask some of the pros and cons of this job though. Any reason why or why I should not apply for this position? Thanks to all answers, I appreciate all help.What are the pros and cons of working as a makeup cosmetician?
well i worked for lancome, it was fun, but there's alot of fake smiling and customers who do not really care. The mall i worked at was not at all flexible with me taking hours off, and i had to adjust to there shifts. Overall, i quit in a month because it was making me hate makeup (which i adore!)





the pros of it, are free makeup! Also you get to play dress up everyday, and helping out a customer who really appreciates it is always good.





Everyone is different so you should deff give it a try!What are the pros and cons of working as a makeup cosmetician?
You have 2 school going children. Why not apply for the position of a preschool teacher (for kids 3-5 years) ? You might discover that you are a better teacher than a cosmetician.


Working with kids is an enlightening and rewarding experience.


Your kids will have a fun mother and the school will have a fun teacher ... :-)
You have to stand all day
  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish